Sunday, May 16, 2010

HMMMMMM, not sure how to title this one!

As I write this we are sitting in the waiting room in the hospital and praying.

It has been a very long week, both wonderful and not. What I enjoyed the most I think, was the time with the grandbabies. Braxton and Conner hung out with us a while Beckii was at the hospital and we PLAYED AND PLAYED AND PLAYED....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! I even took them to the hardware store, what was I thinking? I forgot how hard it was to have 2 little babies so close together.

The sad hard part of the week....Eric has been in and out of the hospital and is currently in ICU. Fortunately he is improving and will be able to go home in the next couple of days. And another good friend of ours was in a very severe accident, thankfully she is okay and will be back to work next week.

Late Mothers day post the WONDERFUL part of the week:
It was awesome the day of and the big gifts have come the last few days. Ya know the ones Moms love that involve clean house, clean yard, mowed lawed, etc. Shawn, Skyler and Michael have been working to clear all the debris from our backyard.

The Yard: (pics to come later)
Skyler and his friend brought skidster to the house, WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!
Apparently the previous owners and tenants used the back 1/2 acre of the property as a junk yard. We thought we had cleaned up a lot but the pile Skyler created with the skidster was a story tall, so we burned it (which was a risk in itself, and I say we but it was really Shawn and Michael) and next weekend we will haul off the metal still hanging out in that pile...too hot to touch till then, and the cinder block from the shed that burned last year; Skyler broke it down too, I have mixed feelings about that since Mikaela is raising chickens this summer for 4H. I'll share more about this stuff later...I am really bouncing around on a lot of topics. It also means we get grass because he is clearing the land and leveling it, Monday we get sod and we'll be laying it, WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The garage:
Shawn and Michael are getting it insulated so we can set the treadmill up in it, and not freeze in the winter and organize it since we don't use it as a car garge. The wheelchair ramp takes up alot of the garage and it is more important than protecting the car from snow.

I just realized that part of the reason I have a scattered post is because we are a little scatter-brained with everything going on this week!

Our PRAYERS ARE WITH ERIC AND BECKII'S FAMILY TODAY!

3 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

Ahhhh!! What happened with Eric and Becki??? We'll keep them in our prayers too anyway!!

I'm glad you had a beautiful, relaxing Mother's day! You DESERVE it!!!! Can't wait to see yard pictures!!
XOXO to you ALL!!!

Caroline said...

You are all in our thoughts and prayers. You are leaving us all in suspense.

Kathy said...

Email me Nickie, I'll give you the info. spruces2@aol.com I cannot find your email and my email client will not let me click on your for some reason.