Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Elder DuWayne

I found these treasures today!
What a gift to see this young man and his awesome smile.
One of Elder Mike's best friends serving a mission in Ghana. What a gift for those people, he really knows how to love and serve others.








 These missionaries have to take medicine for the whole time they are on their mission to prevent disease, my son has to take it for a year after as well. The Ghana mission president had this to say about…well…skipping the medicine. I just had to share his words of wisdom and way of thinking. 
And, now I must learn who Jeremiah Johnson is.



This is not Ghana (meaning the picture above).  But I (MP) got to use my first Jeremiah Johnson quote on the missionaries this week.  We had seven cases of Malaria during November.  In an e-mail to the mission, I tried to impress upon them that if they failed to take their daily Doxycycline, it would only be a matter of time before they became ill.  
"Ya can't cheat the mountain, Pilgrim."  
I'm told that in the internet cafes throughout southern Ghana, there was a universal look of bewilderment last Monday as missionaries tried to figure out what mountains had to do with Malaria.  Only Elder McGuire got it.  I guess his dad is a JJ fan too.  
I'm looking forward to the time that I will be able to fit in my favorite quote, "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"  

No comments:

Blog Archive