Friday, August 14, 2009

Energizer Bunny, Not!

Life is so busy, constantly going, going, going like the energizer bunny but I'm not.
With summer rolling to an end I've been trying to get everything ready for the kids for school and opening a new building to "house" forty six of our clients for my work. It consumes my time more than I imagined and I didn't realize how it was affecting me till the damage was done. (At least it was not damage that would hurt anyone though)
About 3 weeks ago I received a phone call to give a talk at church. "Sure" I said knowing that the upcoming week was going to very busy, so preparing ahead so I sat down at my computer and put most of it together that night. Awesome? well... as the week progressed with employee changeover and the requirements to meet state codes for the business, shopping for school clothes and supplies I was gone literally from dawn til dark. Not too much of a problem knowing the talk was nearly prepared. Sunday morning gets here and I am exhausted, church starts at 9:00am, by 9:15 I realize I'm not going to make it to church, I hurt from head to toe like I'm coming down with a cold. No big deal, I think to myself, no one will miss us today. Then about 10:30 Mikaela says to me- "When are we going to church, don't you have a talk today?

OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH....over and over again for the next 30 minutes I cannot believe I left them hanging with no speaker...Sorry Brother Olsen.

Well I have kept on going and Brother Olsen didn't even blink an eye to reassign me another Sunday to speak after I apologized over and over to him. Life really is good I just need to slow down.

No comments: