Sunday, April 18, 2010

Got Books?

Several of the reads that are keeping me from posting as of late. They are all excellent. I have been devouring everything I can get my hands on while still working, cleaning, shopping, teaching, etc. I think it must be "in the water" because Michael and Mikaela are doing the same thing.

Conference/Easter weekend I bought Michael 6 books (on Thursday, Spring Break), not tiny little reads like the Twelve Pillars you see below, but the whole Percy Jackson series 300+ page books. And number five in the Leven Thumps series. By Saturday he was asking for MORE to READ....what? you've finished all six books? Yep!

(I've linked each Picture to Amazon or where you can get the book if you're interested)

I'm still reading different parts of the Women of the Old Testament. Just finished Hannah as part of teaching in Relief Society lesson #8 in the Gospel Principles manual...Glad I had it to reference.



I could not put this book, Pillars, down once I started reading; Cover to cover before I knew it.



Ditto on this one. (Puzzle)

How to Read a Book by Mortimer Adler has been a different story however. I've attemped to read it before without much luck, I am moving through it this time though.



The book below is actually a boring read but very informational, still worth the read.



This book is by Susan Wise Bauer, a little hard to see from this grainy copy, sorry.

2 comments:

Eric and Beckii said...

i don't know how you can read so many books at the same time . . . maybe i just have a one track mind

M. Elizabeth said...

ya .... she reads a ton. i'm on two books right now and they are hugemongusica!!!