Friday, April 16, 2010

I DID IT!!!

DID WHAT? Bought my new house, to continue to be our HOME!



This is Mikaela's neat night time picture of it! The tree peeking in from the left is a Willow, it leans so far to the northeast it would be impossible to not know which direction the wind mostly blows in Idaho, and the Charlie Brown looking tree next to the tramp really does leaf up beautifully in Spring an Summer, it is a Maple!

We closed on our new home today and my friend Carol brought us my favorite flower for a house warming gift...Thanks friend. I'm excited to begin planting them and many more. I love the canal out front, the 6-12 inches of sheep manure out back (at least it's not fresh) that is going to take tons and tons and tons of work to make it so it is safe to light a fire in our back acre, Smores are a necessity ya know! And it's only the back 1/2 acre...blah. Tons of garden space (albeit we will have to cultivate the ROCK hard ground, again), good neighbors and space for fruit trees and any other kind we decide we want out there! I'll bet you didn't know that Idaho grows rocks and potatoes.



Actually I love lots of flowers but the Iris is dear because it reminds me of my Dad and my Grandma Clara, his Mother. When I was little there was always a beautiful, beautiful flower garden in front of my Grandma's house in Murray. So many flowers! But the most abundant were the "Flags", that's what they call Iris. I have to admit though that when your young it is about perspective, maybe I just saw mostly flags.
Some years later my Dad told me it was really my Aunts who tended these beautiful flowers because my Grandma had developed dementia in her advanced age.
My Aunt Farrell always had flowers and and a garden at her house too. We would pick raspberries and carrots, mmm mmm good.

Since my Grandma was not able to cook anymore some of the adults would always make sure there were cookies in the cookie jar when we would visit too. Most of this info was saved for us to learn when we got older. We didn't understand dementia but we did understand that all of her children took time from their lives to take care of her when she needed it most. Each son or daughter was assigned a night or two that would work for them and they would stay at her home and take care of her. Would you believe she was born in the 1800's? Really! April 2,1889. My Grandma...not great Grandma.

This seems like a tangent but it reminds me of the importance of creating a Heavenly Home!
I hope to build a delightful place for family and friends to come and visit, feel safe and comfortable, have fun and make fond memories!

2 comments:

Bradbury Bunch said...

WOO-HOO!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Hopefully we can come see it when we're in Idaho in August!!!

P-S Those Easter dying eggs pictures are so cute! Braxton is growing so fast!!! We still have a dozen hard boiled eggs in the fridge-we just didn't fit into our schedule! There's always next year! XOXO

M. Elizabeth said...

awesome!!!!!
look: