Saturday, July 10, 2010

Having fun!

We have been very busy, hence the lack of posting.

Working a ton and playing on the weekends.

Michael found us an awesome camper trailer on Craigslist, whoo hooo! It makes it easier to hook up and go, everything is already packed for the summer, all we need to do is shop for food.
So we hooked up and went to Island Park....
stayed there for two nights with Beckii, Eric, the boys and Eric's family. That was really fun and easy because Eric is the King of setting up camper trailers and backing them up, thank goodness. Island Park Reservoir is beautiful.

then to Yellowstone National Park...my first time there, yes....really.


Being short on time we didn't get into the park very far but we still had a very nice time. We stayed the night at Grant Village by Yellowstone Lake, and it was so packed we were lucky to find an open camping spot at all. The guy booking us in was very helpful thank goodness, I haven't learned how to back up the camper yet and thus I have to have a pull through spot, not only did he find me one he changed it twice to find level ground for us.

Harlequin Lake is a beautiful 1/2 mile hike into the lake. It's definitely worth the walk, but DO NOT forget the bug spray, millions of mosquito's!
Didn't get to see very many animals but we did see a Mountain Lion, it was BIG! Next time we are going North and around the loop that way!

2 comments:

MHS 2002 said...

Kathy, the trailer looks awesome! Glad you are working and playing hard. I can't believe it was your first time to Yellowstone. I recommend Firehole River in Yellowstone...I've got some great family memories from there.

M. Elizabeth said...

ya we did see a mountain lion it was sweet!!!