Sunday, May 22, 2011

Dandelion Pesto

Mikaela thinks it has been too long since I've posted. I think it has been too long since I have had a decent camera, oh well, here goes...






This is Mikaela's siamese twin Dandelion, pretty cool.


Mikaela came inside to show me a "double dandy" and to take pictures of her gain so she could post on her own blog. Then she told me that people make dandelion jam. So, I decided to google it, and do you know what I found? Dandelion jam/jelly, doesn't look so good but this did....Dandelion Pesto! and Mikaela is picking more Danelions for it. Here are the pictures of them:




We'll let you know how it turns out. I'll have to substitute cashews for pine nuts but thats okay. I'm sure it will be fine....?

3 comments:

Eric and Beckii said...

I've always been the strongest critic of your food, so you must already know how I feel about any recipe that calls for "the heads of dandelions" where you have to "pull off the green parts, as they'll be bitter" :) However, a siamese twin dandelion? That's pretty cool!

M. Elizabeth said...

well thanks beckii!(about the double dandy) And mom, we do need a new camera.

Caroline said...

I had no idea that you could eat dandelions. Hmmm. I think I might be allergic. I am.