Saturday, September 13, 2014

The first letter

And the first letter arrives.
It's just a short note.
It's just a letter….
It means so much more than that.
I could not have imagined.

Wow, as a first time missionary Mom I'm amazed at the emotions I feel. The mailbox becomes my new best friend. I'm extra thankful for the internet, the USPS, email and others who have served missions to direct me. Oh, and other Mom's. At church, our bishop's wife keeps asking me how I'm doing. Up until now it's been surreal, so there hasn't been anything that felt terribly overwhelming. Now, it's here, it's for real. I am beginning to get it. To understand how she looks at me, she is remembering being there. Wondering if all is well with your son. I get it…



Did I teach him enough. 
Does he know how to cook? 
Does he think for himself? 
Will he listen to Holy Ghost? 
Does he know what that means?
Does he know how to love others?
Can he lead others to know just how much Jesus Christ loves them?
Does he know how much Jesus Christ, his brother, loves him?
The list of questions is endless…..

No comments: