Friday, September 26, 2014

Safe Travels

He made it safely to India. These first pictures brought peace to my soul. His Mission President sent them. There were necessary hoops to jump through to arrive safely there so to see evidence of his arrival was a huge relief.
Elder Johansson with first companion in India, in Rajahmundry.
Elder Johansson with Mission President Berrett and his wife.
President Berrett has a blog and a fb page which he updates occasionally. I'm thankful for that as well. I get to read others experiences in India, and reminds of all the hands working together to serve our brothers and sisters in India, as well as our missionaries.
India, Bangalore Mission
 These ones Elder Mike sent right after he settled in to Rajahmundry. He had to borrow a card reader to get these to me, I'm so happy he took the time. He said the card reader takes foreeeeever to load and his camera is not working, probably the battery. So I'm eagerly awaiting more pictures from his short stay in Bangalore.

Elder Johansson with companion in MTC.
Elder Johansson with his Zone at the Provo MTC.
Provo, Utah Temple.
 Elder Mike said he was able to leave the MTC only three times as they were so busy, planning, practicing and learning. Twice to attend sessions in the Provo Temple and once to see the doc at BYU for a head cold. He was informed that with said head cold the plane ride to India would feel like his head would burst so he would appreciate some cold medicine, which he was able to get from the medical center there. I'm glad they are taking care of him.  And, I didn't know that he would need to take medication daily for malaria. Not only will he need to take it the whole time he there, but also for year after he is home. He hates taking medication.

No comments: