Sunday, November 16, 2014

5 Sabbath Things by Nickie Bradbury!


My niece posted the following, including the picture:

Very thankful that growing up my dad taught us to do our 5 THINGS. We would ask him if we could play a game or watch a church movie and he would reply with "have you done your 5 things???" We carry on this tradition today. Helps keep the sabbath day separate from the rest of the week. 
1. Prayer 
2.scriptures 
3. Read from the friend 
4. Write in our journal 
5. Since kids are in primary we review their articles of faith. 
When they go to YW we'll review their progress goals. Thanks dad!




Can I say I love this!!!! I don't think I can say it enough. And if you have young men in your home, add their Duty to God to this list and other activities we have the Sabbath set aside to remember Him and to learn more of Him. The New Era is fabulous too. I heart this idea sooooo much :)
And not to forget the adults in the home. What about the Ensign, or next weeks Sunday School lesson, or a talk from the most recent General Conference.

No comments: