Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Garden


It's been about four years since I've been able to have a garden. I've been too busy, moving or something so this year I have the garden bug. With help from all of the kids, we tilled the back yard, to the yet unmoved manure, laid sod in the back yard to where I wanted garden and thanks to all the wonderful rain this spring, the garden is growing wonderfully. I think the extra manure in the soil is affecting production a little but not growth. You'll see in these pics though I have cucmbers already, this one is only about 3-4 inches long but I'm excited.




One of my favorite things about this house is the yard; it's big and we have a small irrigation canal that runs in front. It's peaceful, except for as I type this I'm reminded it's dinner time for our "little" Jake, because he's barking. He is the Yellow Lab/Retriever that we inherited from Beckii and Eric, see her plea for help on her blog, it's all good though Michael really wanted a dog.

1 comment:

MHS 2002 said...

Your garden and yard look awesome! It show that you've put a lot of work into it. I'm glad your blogging again:) Have a scrapbook party anytime soon? Maybe I will start one for Everett and get hooked.