Sunday, September 20, 2009

Happy 14th Birthday Michael

I don't know if you can see it but that tape measure reads 71 inches, 5'11", what????? he's only 14.

Happy Birthday son!!!

I can think of at least 14 wonderful things about you....

1. You make me laugh.
2. That smile lights up a room.
3. You are so strong, it's like having a man around the house.
4. I see you being a good example to others.
5. I am thankful for you chosing to listen to your leaders and the prophet, when you encourage us to remember family prayer and scripture study.
6. You are wise for such a young man.
7. You're just cool like that.
8. I love to hear you singing around the house, in the shower, in the van, everywhere.
9. Sweet moves on the football field, I've learned to get excited on the sidelines and cheer you on instead of cover my eyes, now I look forward to game days.
10. Our conversations when you keep me up past my bedtime at night.
11. The fun times we have together during and after listening to books on CD together on car rides and trips to Utah. Like the moment at church today when you and Mikaela spouted the same words, in unison, during sacrament today...."because we're ...post to....", John Bytheway is an awesome speaker.
12. That 5'11" is awesome too, especially when I can't reach the waffle iron from the cupboard above the fridge and you can.....
13. You see people as PEOPLE, I think it is a Johansson trait that came straight from heaven with you.... You see who they are, not what they are or what they have. This is a very Christlike attribute.
14. I am blessed to be your mother, thankful you are my son and I Love You!

We are so blessed to have family around for birthdays and other get togethers. My sister Becky and her husband Andy live in Rexburg now so we get to see them more often. It was a 45 minute drive to their house before now it is only 20 minutes. They came for Michaels 14th Birthday party today, Holly came too.





















































Skyler, Nonya, Emisha and Shane.

1 comment:

bulldog said...

Happy Birthday Michael...
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I scrolled up a little so I could get both you and your dad in the same view on the monitor. The older you get the more you look like him.