Friday, December 11, 2009

"Fond" Memories?!

Beckii's recent post about the difficulties of crawling then walking little boys reminded me of a funny, yet not, experience when Shawn and Skyler were little.

It was about 7:00 AM, not PM, AM, (might of been 6 am, it's all a blur now, actually only the time is a blur...I remember the moment like it was yesterday) I was in bed when I was awakened by the sound of "mice" in my kitchen. Upon inspection I discover two little boys sitting, and playing in an entire dozen broken eggs on our linoleum kitchen floor. The look on my face must have given me away because they stood up and wanted to run away. Remember, I said BROKEN eggs on linoleum? Imagine Road Runner on ice....the funniest sight began right before my eyes. In turn, almost, one boy would stand to run and ker-plop fall on his behind, then the next ker-plop. I admit it was pretty funny to watch their little legs moving so quick and their bodies going nowhere but back to the floor; I felt like I was watching a cartoon. (A few days later I really wished I was watching a cartoon) The natural consequence was sooo funny I really didn't do much to deter them from repeating the behavior....I thought they learned their lesson.

I don't know how many days later but the same scenario...7:00 AM I'm awakened to "mice" sounds from the other room this time I enter the living room, carpeted living room to find the same two boys together with another carton of eggs...again broken all over the living room floor with them playing in the eggs. I snapped this time... can't even remember what I said to them but I know I swatted their butts.

It brings to mind the saying "first time shame on you, second time shame on me"....I obviously didn't make the correct impact the first time.

Here's the little monsters then...actually, now I remember how Shawn got his nick name: Shawnster Monster.

As you can see, they haven't changed much...just bigger. He, he, he.


Hmmmm, I wonder where they get this from?


Shane...Friend...and Kurt...I wonder?

4 comments:

Caroline said...

What fun pictures-thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed looking at those. Justin will too.

Eric and Beckii said...

boy oh boy!! sounds like fun!!

M n' M said...

I love your posts Kathy! I miss you guys so much! Love the pictures too! What's with everyone cutting their hair short? :) Have a very Merry Christmas! :D

Kathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.