Friday, January 1, 2010

Making a Resolution

Happy New Year!!!

I think making a resolution is scary!!!

I resolve to (1) treat everyone as Christ would.
Honestly I think the hardest part is thinking "right" to begin with. Stepping into judgement of other people, forgetting we are all children of God. When I'm at work and get frustrated with someone the first thoughts are often "duh" what we're you thinking, instead of "What were you thinking? So I can help you to become better"...that is always the latter thought...usually after I've aired my frustration.
I'll begin in my home (especially when me and my teenagers do not see eye to eye) and move to my friends, neighbors, co-workers, strangers, etc.
My life is so full of blessings that I must share with others and I know that. My life is also so full of "life"... work, kids, more work, sports, the gal who lives with us in the wheelchair; that I slack in the area of service a little too often. I catch myself thinking I'm too busy. Or I am disorganized because of the most recent interference.

So:

(2) Planning is another resolution. I have a lack of great time management I'm ready for the word great. Organization of my time and calendar will be critical and will help me to accomplish the first resolution too. Even meal times and food preparation is lame, we are on the road often after school and work and because we get home so late I don't have time to cook meals sooo...I waste the almighty buck on eating out. This is really several goals in one...I know that but I think they are so directly linked one to another that they will be best addressed together.

And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

I'm depending on this scripture to direct me to be able to accomplish these things.


No comments: