This year it was prolonged because we were letting a man who is para-pelagic stay at our house till he could arrange a permanent place to stay. We could't travel too much because it meant two wheelchairs in the van and then were would Mikaela sit, didn't make it to the store for the necessary items for the hot hamb. It was a really neat experience though.
So TODAY we were able to have that fun. I didn't realize how long it had been since I played Canasta...we had to read the rules.
On the menu: Hot Hamburger and Sticky Rice, family and lots of fun. (Usually we cook up a stir fry and make Spinach Meatball soup too.)
The title of Hot Hamburger created a question for me about 10 years ago when I first learned to cook this kind of Thai food. It's not hamburger at all, it's ground pork. Therefore if it is pork the name fits it better because pig is ham, ham is pig, beef is cow...how can it be "HAM"burger? Hmmmm.....haven't looked into the answer to this question "Why is hamburger not called beefburger?"










1 comment:
Oh my gosh, I was asking Neil the same question not two days ago! How funny! Let me know what you find out!
Post a Comment