Friday, November 1, 2013

Thankfulness...gives IDENTITY

I learned a new word today eucharisteo (pronounced you-kar-i-stay-oh) = Thanksgiving.* 

Give thanks to the Lord.

* I found it here, on Ann's website: http://onethousandgifts.com/get-the-group-study

Hopefully, I'm forever changed by it.


Charis = Grace

Chara = Joy

Grace      Thanksgiving     Joy     eucharisteo

Learning to be thankful is learning to follow Christ. Ann describes it beautifully in the First Session video (22 min.).

I had a conversation with a Mother to one of our young women one time and she said, "It's a commandment to be happy." I'm not sure how I missed that, it is so clear. Being thankful helps me to be happy.

I'm thankful for many things and I do not acknowledge them enough. So, I'm going to work towards naming my blessings, offering the gift of recognition, identity. Listening to her describe how naming our blessings gives them/me recognition of how much God loves me creates a whole new picture in my head of gratitude. Naming things we are happy for, blessed with, gifted...gives them identity...and gives us identity as well. We come to know more how we are children of a Heavenly Father who LOVES us, Ann calls them "love letters".

The Young Women theme is a "love letter"...We are daughter of our Heavenly Father who loves us and we love him...it is a blessing to know we have a Heavenly Father, and, that he LOVES us! It also gives identity.

No comments: