Thanksgiving was today for our family. We've started a fourth Sunday FHE with all of us together. We all have sooooo much to be Thankful for. Many quotes were shared and thoughts and feelings about having and living in thanksgiving daily. Living life this way leads to happiness.
Some of the things we were thankful for:
- Family
- Food
- Priesthood power
- Scriptures
- Gospel
- Good health
- The Temple
"Great men (and women) have always recognized the greatness of God and their dependence upon him, and they have with regularity rendered to him gratitude and thanksgiving." Marion G. Romney
The green bean casserole was DELICIOUS Kate and Shawn, Thank You!
The pies were SCRUPTIOUS Beckii and Eric, Thank You!
And Skyler and Nonya we APPRECIATED your company, Thank You!
Oh and the whole day was a breeze because MIKAELA and MICHAEL pitched in to make sure everything was ready when company arrived, Thank You two, too!
I love this talk:
by President Thomas S. Monson
Random side note I discovered about turkey:
Did you know that you can re-heat turkey in your crockpot?
I bought my turkey a little too early so I had to cook it a little early, actually I cooked it Friday evening and we ate Sunday.
After the turkey was cooked I carved it like normal and then put about 1-2 cups of the drippings into the container with the turkey and then into the fridge till I was ready to put it into the crockpot. Today, with a prayer, I put all the (already carved) turkey slices into a foil lined crockpot and put it on low till we were ready to eat. I was delighted when I tested my first bite (to see if it was drying out) it was moist, tender and delicious!
Another reason to be thankful!










No comments:
Post a Comment