I have always been very affected by Veteran's Day and other things to do with the men and women who serve our precious country. I think it may have been because of my Father. He was born in 1914 and it seems to me that those of the older generations are always much more reverent of those who've served. I remember the absolute respect he showed at flag ceremonies, parades when the flag was passing and when we attended games while the National Anthem was being performed.
You see, he had a smashed disc in his back that actually damaged a nerve to his leg so he couldn't lift his right leg off the ground without assistance, this affected his posture and stance, not to mention that he was old even when I was young. When he "rose to attention" it was obvious. I saw him tip my brothers hat off his head more than once to remind him of the respect he expected Charlie to show those who've served and reverence to our country. (Actually I just had a flashback of him knocking Shane's hat off once...it only took once.) I'm not sure why the younger generations do not share this type of patriotism, but I am thankful that my Father shared it with me.
Our precious own soldiers Maj. Andrew Bradbury, my brother-n-law and Pvt. Eric Gallup, son-n-law are currently serving in the guard. Andy has been called up 4 times that I know of, Desert Storm and Iraq. My friend Melissa has sacrificed time with her husband the last few months as well since he decided to join the guard, they have small baby just like Beckii and Eric did when he left, this is hard.
When Eric decided to join it was well thought out, and prayed about, it was not random or rash. The amount of support Beckii experienced while Eric was gone is hard to believe. Everyone went out of their way to support her and I saw the results in her countenance daily, thanks so much to them as well.

Eric recently returned from Basic and AIT. When we welcomed Eric home we entered the area of the small airport where you collect your baggage... the volume of the room actually changed and several people approached Eric and Beckii and thanked them for Eric's service. One shared the fact that he is a veteran and served in VietNam. Another man offered to buy them lunch to thank them for their service. I appreciate those who notice them and show it.

I am thankful for their sacrifice and the sacrifice their wives and families make for us as well. GOD BLESS THEM!!!!
You see, he had a smashed disc in his back that actually damaged a nerve to his leg so he couldn't lift his right leg off the ground without assistance, this affected his posture and stance, not to mention that he was old even when I was young. When he "rose to attention" it was obvious. I saw him tip my brothers hat off his head more than once to remind him of the respect he expected Charlie to show those who've served and reverence to our country. (Actually I just had a flashback of him knocking Shane's hat off once...it only took once.) I'm not sure why the younger generations do not share this type of patriotism, but I am thankful that my Father shared it with me.
Our precious own soldiers Maj. Andrew Bradbury, my brother-n-law and Pvt. Eric Gallup, son-n-law are currently serving in the guard. Andy has been called up 4 times that I know of, Desert Storm and Iraq. My friend Melissa has sacrificed time with her husband the last few months as well since he decided to join the guard, they have small baby just like Beckii and Eric did when he left, this is hard.
When Eric decided to join it was well thought out, and prayed about, it was not random or rash. The amount of support Beckii experienced while Eric was gone is hard to believe. Everyone went out of their way to support her and I saw the results in her countenance daily, thanks so much to them as well.
Eric recently returned from Basic and AIT. When we welcomed Eric home we entered the area of the small airport where you collect your baggage... the volume of the room actually changed and several people approached Eric and Beckii and thanked them for Eric's service. One shared the fact that he is a veteran and served in VietNam. Another man offered to buy them lunch to thank them for their service. I appreciate those who notice them and show it.
I am thankful for their sacrifice and the sacrifice their wives and families make for us as well. GOD BLESS THEM!!!!










3 comments:
AWESOME POST!! GOD BLESS AMERICA AND THOSE WHO ARE SOLDIERS FIGHTING FOR OUR FREEDOM!!! Thank you!!--Especially to Andy and Eric!! XOXO
Thanks so much for your support!
It means alot to those of us who serve the country! Love Eric
Hey Kathy! I appreciate your post so much. This year's Veteran's Day has meant a lot more to my husband and I then in past years. I understand what you mean about us younger generations not respecting veterans or our country as much as older generations. I've always had a respect for them, but I know that will be even deeper now. Thanks for thinking of us in your post. Mark is actually active duty, not guard or reserves. We will be living on an army base somewhere beginning of next April. I miss you all and think about you often! :) Lots of love!
Post a Comment