Saturday, October 10, 2009

Boy becomes Young Man

I've been scrapbooking Michael's school pictures, and the first ones I picked up tonight were 6th, 7th and 8th grade. This first one is 6th grade the next one is this years 8th grade picture. I can hardly believe the difference. The baby face is gone the young man has appeared. I can't even bring myself to change the message on our answering machine at home because the boy voice is there and I will lose it forever.
\
It is simply amazing to me how fast time goes. I remember when I was little and Christmas took FOREVER to get here, now it seems like we just had it and it's almost here again. I know this moment of "Oh my heck, what happened" comes and goes through the years with different events. I recently remember Beckii or Shawn saying this same thing to me about time passing too quick now they are older. Now it's hitting home for me about my beautiful children.
Beckii, Shawn and Skyler were gone too soon and now Michael is on their heels. He'll be driving in March as he reminds me, sometimes daily, and he already works full time for a farmer who lives near us who has him drive his trucks as necessary.
I'm certainly happy those older kids are doing well, but I still miss them, HUGS!!!

1 comment:

Beckii said...

Mike is becoming quite the little gentleman. I saw him dance in competition {WITH A GIRL} yesterday and about freaked out. You're getting way to old to be my little brother, dude.

LOVE YOU TOO MOM