I'm not sure what to think of what they call the "Kansas City Playoff's". For some reason instead of playing a regular game to determine who will be in the playoffs some of the football teams play 4 downs, whoever scores first wins the seed. If they keep scoring equally they keep replaying the downs, almost like innings in baseball. It can be short to really short depending on your team's defense and scoring ability.
Last year when they did this we didn't know it was coming...I climbed out of the warm van to walk to the side line of the cold field and everyone started screaming, we won... and the game was over, what????.
They are cheering (I don't know how they would feel to know I call it cheering) to rev up for the "game". Here's Michael looking relaxed practicing his catches, he's a receiver, and because there are only 14 players on the team he's also corner, defensive something and defensive something else. He's #86.
Seeing helmets with toothpick legs smashing into each other on the field has been difficult for me. I think I enjoy it now. When I'm on the sidelines screaming "Go Rigby" and pacing it's really fun?!?
Fortunately Michael is learning to hit harder that someone else to keep from getting hurt, weird that you have to hit harder than the other guy to keep from getting hurt. He only sustained one concussion in football and one in basketball.
The only other injury he's had, he gave to himself when he was fixing the dog










No comments:
Post a Comment