THE GOODS(IES)
DESTINATION....top secret!!!!!
We are back to our yearly "spoofing". Same gang, same day of the year but different places and more fun treats.
This year I made dinner in a pumpkin, and dang it, I forgot to take a picture so I winged it with the left overs. There are a lot of ways to prepare dinner this way but I really love hamburger soup so that is my choice and did you know you can hardly tell the difference between banana squash and pumpkin prepared like squash...with butter, salt and pepper. I think the flavoring from the soup cooking in the pumpkin makes it all the better.
The cutest monkey ever, you see above, was our lookout for delivery of the goods(ies). It was past his bed time though and he was a little noisy in the van, glad he didn't cause us to be found out.
I've been wanting to make those scary looking green, hairy breadstick fingers for years....I finally did it. I winged it a little because I didn't buy grated parmesean (don't look like hairy fingers with out it) but OH they were good still. Beckii was creeped out by them but it didn't keep her or the rest of us from enjoying them.
The other cool thing about the hamburger soup is that a lot of the ingredients came from our garden. Onions (walla walla and yellow), carrots, potatoes....Michael dug up an entire box of red potatoes today I hope they store well in our cold room in the basement. He also dug up a ton of onions. Some of the Walla Walla's are big enough for 3 meals of soup. I am happy we have left overs for tomorrow, I made the batches extra, extra large because I didn't know which part of the gang would be here tonight.










1 comment:
the pumpkin actully taste good! but... all i had was abig blob.
good dinner mom! thanks
Post a Comment