Friday, October 30, 2009

First Halloween Pic's Are In

Tuesday was our Ward "Trunk or Treat", it was too cold to have it outside and the young women put together a fun program for everyone including hot dogs, nachos and everyone brought homemade cookies.
The young men put together a "Spook Alley" that Michael participated in and he said it was really fun. He honked the loud horn that made you scream with fright as you passed him.
Mikaela dressed up as BatGirl and liked the spook alley so much that she missed most of the "trunk or treat" part that took place in a large circle around the multi-purpose room.
We had a good time visiting with our friends in our ward and eating garbage food.

Today was the day to celebrate at school for the kids and at work for me. Mikaela dressed up as a Bruised Fairy, I thought she was just a beautiful blue fairy. And....of course Beckii was here a few minutes before seven this morning. Braxton stayed home in bed, with Dad, though, we missed his cute face.

(The date on this pic is really 10/30/09, I noticed the date is wrong in my camera)
At school Mikaela's class was listening and dancing to Halloween music playing a kind of freeze tag. It was fun to watch. I helped hand out the tons and tons of candy that all the kids had brought. Mrs. Wadsworth, Mikaela's (or Elizabeth as she is known at school) teacher had piled it all up onto paper plates, yes I said piled, there was sooooo much candy I couldn't believe my eyes. After I finished handing out the plates of candy, one plateful to every child, she opened a large bakery box full of maple and chocolate bars with Halloween sprinkles, and then there were four dozen orange frosted sugar cookies also with sprinkles, then Capri drinks and soda pop. I'll bet most of these kids went home with stomach aches.

(the date of this photo is actually 10/30/09)
(This could actually send me off on a tangent about what this is teaching our children about over indulgence and do we really need to encourage this at school?, but I'll save that for another time)

Michael had a dance at school today he said they didn't dance they, not him, just jumped up and down to rock music, but the chocolate chip cookies and milk were good. He didn't dress up, just painted his hair the colors of Boise State again, die hard football fan, that's good. He was real close to wearing the masks that we bought for his upcoming dance competition. Check this
out.....
I don't know the name of the dance they are using these masks for but the choreography and music are intense and fun to watch, deep attention getting music and then some hip hop that you can't help but move to, I can't wait to see their costumes.
When we were in Jamba the day we bought these (2 indentical) he had waited in the car with Tina while I ordered and when they only had a frozen lemon blueberry muffin I had him come in to choose another kind of muffin and he wore his mask into the store, the look on the gals faces when he came in was priceless....he scared the heebie jeebies out of them it was sooooo funny!
We had a dance at my work too, everyone danced to Halloween music ate good and bad food, dressed in fun costumes and really enjoyed the day. We had a meeting with one of our consultants and it is always so stressful when we meet with him that we go out of our way to do something fun after he leaves so this time I really wanted some homemade taco soup so I brought the ingredients and a fellow employee who had never made taco soup put it together for us (with instructions of course). I thought everyone had made taco soup before because it is so fast and easy, but other people who cook a lot even said "Oh, I've never made it either". So my next post is the story of Kathy and Taco Soup.

No comments: